HYDRATION- Water and Health
Water is essential for life because it is the major key to survival for many species and man. Water is needed to prevent dehydration and humans can only survive a few days without water. Water is 55% to 75% of body weight in humans.
THE ELIXIR OF LIFE
Listed below are some of the benefits of water:
1. Helps prevent muscle fatigue
2. Helps with weight loss when a high calorie drink is substituted for water.
3. Helps maintain body temperature.
4. Helps with digestion and the creation of saliva.
5. Helps with cognitive performance when engaging in vigorous exercise that may cause dehydration.
6. Helps keep skin moisture and water helps keep the skin from being dry.
7. Helps to keep things flowing along your gastrointestinal tract and prevents constipation.